The courts will open on Saturday, April 10, 2021 for singles only. There are new restrictions that members should be aware of if they are thinking of playing pickleball during the next 28 days. We ask that you call the proshop to book your time on the courts . 613-836-2581 ext 303. On-line booking will be available shortly.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present a challenge for the province of Ontario with case numbers continuing to rise this week. We were happy that the Ontario Government recognized the importance of Pickle Ball and Tennis as safe recreational outlets for physical and mental well-being and allowed us to be open during the current Stay at Home Order. Now, more than ever though, it is CRITICAL that we CONTINUE TO BE SAFE in 2021.
On Thursday, April 8,2021, we enter into a stay at home order to prevent the spread of Covid 19.
- The Stay at Home order asks us to stay at home with only the immediate family who reside with us and to refrain from unnecessary travel in the community.
- Schedule 3 of Ontario Regulation 82/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 1 states that:“(3) An outdoor recreational amenity described in subsection (2) may only open if, …“team sports are not practiced or played”. Indoor “recreational amenities” closed.
- Doubles Pickleball and Tennis are considered team sports and is not permitted during the Emergency Brake Order.
- A maximum of 5 people may use our Pickle Ball facility and 4 people may use the Tennis facility at any one time. Two singles Pickle Ball matches and 2 singles tennis match.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- There is a maximum outdoor gathering limit of 5 people. Please do not allow for pre or post game gatherings.
- Since outdoor gatherings are restricted, there should be no more than 5 people on the pickleball court and 4 people on the tennis courts. So, on a two court pad, this means two singles matches and one person waiting and 2 single tennis matches. No others permitted.
- Please be aware that not following the Covid – 19 government restrictions may lead to the temporary closure of our Pickle Ball & Tennis Court Facility.
Please stay safe and do not take unnecessary risks. Vaccination rates are increasing. Hopefully, this will be the last province-wide lockdown.
The Amberwood Management Team