The golf course at Amberwood Village Golf & Country Club opens on Saturday, April 10, 2021.
Click here to visit their website and reserve a tee-time.
Effective Saturday, April 10, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present a challenge for the province of Ontario with case numbers continuing to rise this week. We were happy that the Ontario Government recognized the importance of Golf as safe recreational outlets for physical and mental well-being and allowed us to be open during the current Stay at Home Order. Now, more than ever though, it is CRITICAL that we CONTINUE TO BE SAFE in 2021.
We will continue to focus on maintaining the Health & Safety of our Members, Guests, and Staff to help ensure golf remains a safe activity for all to enjoy. To help with this please see below for how we will have our Club set up to start the season:
1)When arriving at the property you will be greeted by one of our staff. They will screen you for symptoms and ensure that you have a tee time booked. No walk-ups will be allowed on the property, and if you are feeling unwell or have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID you will not be allowed on the property. Plan to arrive 20 minutes before your tee time to avoid congestion around in the pro shop and the tee.
2) Only one person will be permitted in the Pro Shop at a time, unless you live in the same household.
3) ALE will be providing a food and beverage cart service for all to enjoy during their round. We have a zero-tolerance policy for outside alcohol, and as per ALE’s liquor license the only alcohol allowed on the property must be purchased through the club.
4) Clubhouse will be closed except for the washrooms. When entering the clubhouse a mask must be worn at all times and members will be required to bring their own mask.
5) All tee times must have the names of everyone playing with a telephone number to assist with contact tracing.
6) We are expecting the course to be very busy again this season pace of play will remain a top priority to help ensure everyone can finish their round. Golfers will be paired up with others wherever possible. I know it has been a long winter, but this weekend especially no practice shots, or provisionals will be allowed. To help avoid delays on the tee and keep pace moving, if a shot is hit out of bounds please use the new rule by dropping between the fairway and where the ball entered the trees / out of bounds keeping a equal distance point from the hole.
7) Once you have completed your round, you will be required to leave the property immediately. There will be no gathering or socializing in the parking lot, or items purchased at the Club allowed after your round. ALE’s patio will be closed but they are offering take-out. Please visit www.aleottawa.ca to order.
8) With the golf course opening almost a full 3 weeks earlier than ever before, opening conditions will be very different than prior opening dates. Overall the turf is very healthy, and with no frost overnight recently things are starting to grow and green up nicely. For this weekend, our staff are focusing on preparing the greens by blowing off debris and rolling them, and cleaning debris from our fairways, tees and tree work areas. We will continue to prepare other areas of the golf course on an ongoing basis, and we will stagger our hiring of staff in our turf department to minimize the chances for COVID contact & integrate them on our Health & Safety procedures.
9) Thank you for your attention to the items above, and in helping to ensure our members, guests, and staff remain safe at our club. We look forward to seeing you on the golf course soon, and if you have any additional questions regarding anything please do not hesitate to let our staff
Amberwood Staff and Management Team